Friday, December 11, 2009

Festive (Easy) Ornaments

The kids and I made these ornaments with peppermint candies the other day and they were soooo easy - even the craft challenged could do this:

Ok, I don't know why my picture turned out liked that. I am so not a whiz at this stuff. But anyways, unwrap the candy, make your design-making sure they touch and bake in the oven for a few minutes. I baked mine at 300 for about 5 minutes. You'll see some of them are a little overdone. (If you do a better homes & garden search online, you can get better directions :) Although, I have to admit I did accidentally break the tree at the bottom. I had glued thread for hanging and thought the glue was dry BUT it wasn't and it broke. After looking at the directions, you are supposed to insert a hanger AFTER they come out of the oven and the candy is soft. Same with the decorations which we put on before. I guess it would pay to read the instructions carefully before you start :) And then a piece of candy broke off the cross. And you know what? Craft glue doesn't work for gluing pieces of candy together! Who knew? So that's it - my festive candy ornaments.

No comments: