Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Channels of His Love


Lord, make me a channel of Thy peace
That where there is hatred - I may bring love,
That where there is wrong -
I may bring the spirit of forgiveness,
That where there is discord -
I may bring harmony,
That where there is error I may bring truth,
That where there is doubt -
I may bring faith,
That where there is despair -
I may bring hope,
That where there is shadows -
I may bring light,
That where there is sadness -
I may bring joy.
Lord, grant that I may seek rather
To comfort - than to be comforted
To understand - than to be understood

To love - than to be loved;

For it is by giving -
That one receives;
It is by self-forgetting -

That one finds;

It is by forgiving -

That one is forgiven;
It is by dying -
That one awakens to eternal life.

Francis of Assisi


I know very little about Francis of Assisi (other than I see his statue in gardens but I don't think that counts) but I loved this poem that was in my son's reader. That I would live this way - WOW!


Melissa

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I am so glad you're on here!!!
Why did God give men nipples...? Good question...I'll ask my love the answer to that one...he'll know...he's a genius!

melissa said...

huh? i don't remember asking that question....